Family and Friends Support Group
Family and friends play an important role in helping women make the changes they want. But living with or loving someone who has substance use or gambling concerns can be lonely and overwhelming. How can you help? How can you learn to cope with these challenges?
Our weekly Family and Friends Support Group can help you work through these challenges in a safe and supportive environment. Each week, we explore different topics like:
- Understanding substance use, gambling and their impacts on friends and family
- How to take care of yourself when some you care about has a substance use or gambling concern
- Finding and taking advantage of supports
- Staying safe and handling crises
- Acknowledging loss
- Communicating effectively
- Setting boundaries
- Finding hope again
When: Tuesdays, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Where: 215 Evans Avenue
Good to Know
- We are easily accessible by public transit (TTC)
- Free parking is available on site
- Free child care is available on site
New to the Group?
We ask that you please call us at 416-255-7359 before you attend your first session, and we encourage you to arrive at 5:30 for your first session to meet and speak with our Family Counsellor.