A variety of positions make up the overall staff team at The Jean Tweed Centre. Current openings can be viewed below.
Generally speaking, we have several integrated teams, i.e. administration, clinical, management. The agency employs approximately 90 full and part-time staff.Many of our staff at The Jean Tweed Centre began as students, part-time counselors or, in some cases, as volunteers. Collectively, our work environment is dynamic integrated and supportive. We encourage learning at all levels and foster a milieu where everyone’s contribution is meaningful and contributes to the overall quality assurance we offer the women who come here.
You are welcome to submit an application which will be kept on file for six months. Alternatively, you may wish to periodically check our website or local newsletters for postings. Please note that The Jean Tweed Centre is a women-centered work environment. To contact Human Resources: email@example.com
JTC is committed to the training, mentoring and supervision of students from a variety of publicly funded academic programs. These include: social work (MSW & BSW), social service worker (SSW) and human services programs. Nursing and Education students (with a particular interest in counseling, women and substance abuse/problem gambling) may also be considered for placements. The Centre’s Student Placement Coordinator liaises with these institutions to identify potential placement candidates and selection is made based on agency capacity and the school’s established criteria. Please note that The Jean Tweed Centre is a women-centered work environment.Please explore our website for program descriptions. Depending on the program in which the student is placed and their level of study, students may have opportunities to:
- Observe and facilitate individual and/or group counseling and workshops
- Engage in assessment, advocacy, outreach, documentation, evaluation, referrals, etc.
- Participate in agency training, clinical consultation and team meetings
- Access to a wide range of staff-led education series for students
- Deepen learning re: women and substance use, problem gambling, mental health, trauma, harm reduction, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention, parenting issues, etc.
If you are interested in a student placement with JTC, please e-mail a copy of your resume and the student application form to the student coordinator.
Once your resume and application have been reviewed, you may be asked to attend an interview.
Placements are available in many of our programs and we take applications throughout the year.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Volunteers make an invaluable difference in all aspects of the services we offer at the Centre. Whether it’s helping with lunch, organizing our donations or assisting counsellors in group, every task is important and an opportunity to support women as they move through the challenges of recovery. To be a volunteer you need to be 18 years of age or older and identify as a woman, as our programming provides support to women and their families
- Gain Q3 Administration Volunteer – Intake (for a minimum of three months)- please click here for more information (Anticipated start time is February or March 2018).
- Kitchen Volunteer – Cumberland House (for a minimum of three months)- please click here for more information.
- Administrative Volunteer – Reaching Out to Women (ROW) program (At least once a month on Wednesday)- please click here for more information.
Statement of Inclusion:
The Jean Tweed Centre recognizes and values the rich diversity of Canadian society and specifically the women, children and families that we serve. We are committed to working from an inclusive and holistic anti-oppression framework to assist women and their families from various cultures, racialized groups, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities. The Jean Tweed Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.w